To say that I am not prepared for Christmas is an understatement. In fact, it has taken me a week to post about it.
Last Wednesday night I decided I would do an advent calender for the kids this year. Then it dawned on me that I had only several hours to make that idea a reality.
I had to use what I had on hand. Brown paper bags, jute string, and silver ribbons.
This is what I created.
What did I put in the bags I hear you ask. Well I wasn't very organised with that and so I didn't have any treats for the kids. I ended up writing them a letter and each day we do a christmas task. Because the kiddies are little this is working well - I can space things out.
So far we have:
- Bought a tree
- Put up the tree
- Decorated the tree
- Visited Santa
- Hung Candy Cane on the tree
- Put up the remainder of the decorations (I realised that I don't have that much).
We will also be:
- Seeing the Christmas lights in the neighbourhood
- writing Santa a letter
- Catch a train into the city and see the Myer Christmas windows
- Open 1 present
- Pack our bags and catch the ferry to Tasmania (little island state of the mainland)
- See Grandma and Grandpa (after our overnight ferry ride)
- Give a gift to a less fortunate child
- Help with some Christmas cooking
- Help mum with some Christmas craft
- Be read the story of Christmas
- Visit Nan and Pop
Much of this list will be doubled up and adjusted as necessary. Now I just need to think of a craft or two that a 3 year old could do ... hmmmm any ideas??