Thursday 23 June 2011

Cane Vase Bargain

I wandered into my local Target to find some cane baskets to store CD's in, for the new cabinet I have just revamped (which I will show soon), didn't find what I was after but found a quilt on special for $14 that I thought would be nice as a throw on the end of our bed.

So anyway, I was lined up in the queue, when staff started lining up all these cane vases at the entrance to the line.  I overheard one staff member say to the other "Is this legal?"  so of course I had to listen in.  The second staff member said "yes, just turn them round so that the price is showing, we want customers to see the $0.86 price".  I said "Sorry, what did you say" and checked the price tag for myself.  Thats right $0.86

Check it out


So I bought two (would have got more, but I didn't know what I was going to do with the two I got).  I would have only been robbing myself if I had left them there.

But wait, it gets better.  They scanned $0.64 at the check out.  I got two waist high cane vases for $1.28.  Puurrr leeeees. Honey, I was so excited.



The blue tones will go well in the dining room when I finish it.  But I do love a bargain.  What bargains have you found?

1 comment: